Can be purchased: On Yesstyle: HERE
You can use my 10% off affiliate discount code (at no further cost to you): CVQFZA
What is it?: Oil Makeup Remover infused with Olive oil
- Cleanses the skin
- Flows easily across the skin
- Turns into a milky emulsion when in contact with water.
- Water soluble.
- Washes off easily and removes makeup/impurities.
- Leaves the skin clean and hydrated.
Price: £5 / £12.50 / £24 (Roughly. It varies a lot between retailers).
Volume: 30ml / 70ml / 200ml
Suitable for: All skin types (I am oily, acne prone and this is fine for me because the oil washes away (due to turning milky) and does not stay clinging onto the skin and clog pores). I think this would be fine for sensitive skin.
Directions: Dispense into dry hands, then massage onto dry face to dissolve make-up, dirt and other impurities. Rinse thoroughly.
How I use it: I use about 2 pumps, rub into my skin (dry) – rub into my eyelashes to remove mascara etc, then add water and rub again a bit because it emulsifies into a milk – then fully wash off while rubbing/massaging the skin. I do usually require another cleanse so I either do another layer of this or my actual cleanser. Two washes is enough for me to remove my makeup and cleanse.
I sometimes use this as a simple cleanse just to remove my SPF.
Texture: Feels like thin oil UNTIL this touches water – then becomes a milk that washes off easily. At no point does this feel thick/heavy and pore-clogging.
Under makeup?: N/A
Fragrance?: There is no fragrance added – it just comes from the oils i.e. the Rosemary oil could give off a smell. But this doesn’t smell artificially sweet or soapy etc.
Packaging: Gorgeous on your shelf. Love the yellow – thanks Olive oil.
Full Ingredients: Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbeth-30 Tetraoleate, Pentylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil.
What I like:
- Great for double cleansing
- No strong fragrance (just smells like the oil and perhaps the Rosemary Leaf Oil).
- Does not strip my skin of hydration (no tight feeling)
- Washes off easily (doesn’t cling to my skin the way you think an oil would) due to the emulsification.
- Fine for sensitive skins
What I don’t like:
- Can sometimes leak if travelling
- Quite pricey
- Doesn’t take all waterproof makeup off in one go (due to the thinness of this product) so for waterproof mascara I’d rub again with it. Hence why this is good for double cleansing.
Overall: My favourite oil cleanser. I have yet to find a better one. It washes off easily and removes makeup well, especially for double-cleansing. I even use this sometimes as a single cleanse to remove just SPF.
Overall Score: 4.5/5 (Because it’s pricey).
Would I repurchase?: Yes