I published a Youtube Video Swatching + Prodividng my First Impressions of products from the French Skincare Brand Avene.
I swatch them both on the hand and the face so you can see how the product sit on the skin + how they absorb etc. I also do a makeup removal test for the cleanser 🙂 I also provide dupes and recommendations.
I don’t like to immediately disregard skincare products that are not my favourite texture and have fragrance, because I understand that skincare is extremely personal and some people like thicker textures or fragrance. My job is simply to swatch, show you how the product sits on the skin and give my two cents without hopefully affecting your own personal decision on skincare too much. I’m not here to influence, but to showcase products in case you were interested in them 🙂
Consider Subscribing to the Channel!
Products Filmed: (Hit):
Cicalfate Lip Cream: HERE
- If you guys have checked out my review, you already know that I really enjoyed this lip cream as a PM overnight lip treatment. Nice, easy to use packaging and totally non-offensive to the skin 🙂
- Was pleasantly surprised by this cleanser! Yes it’s not the craziest effective cleanser for makeup and waterproof makeup removal BUT, it definitely respects the skin’s barrier and I respect that 🙂
(Semi-Hit): Physiolift Eyes: HERE
- A semi-hit because I like that this doesn’t have fragrance. But I don’t know how necessary the red pigment was (unless it’s for some sort of colour correcting?) However due to it, I can’t use this in the PM (don’t want to stain my pillow). Also I really am not a fan of thicker eye creams.
(Miss) Physiolift Serum: HERE
- I do not like how strong the fragrance is her.
(Miss) Physiolift Day Smoothing Emulsion: HERE
(Miss) Triacneal Expert Emulsion: HERE
- I don’t understand companies who market a product for acneic skin (which is usually reactive skin) and include fragrance
Juno Skin Cleansing Balm – Review: HERE Code: HANNAHSKIN10 to receive 10% off your purchase!
Wishful Clean Genie Cleansing Balm: HERE
Hylamide Eye Serum: HERE
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask: HERE
Avene Sport Fluid Review: HERE
Updated PM Routine:
Typology Review + Swatches:
My Skin Type: I am acne prone and have slightly dehydrated combo skin. My skin is usually tight where the cheeks and eye area is and the outer parts of my face. My T zone is oily. My skin isn’t a fan of thick/heavy formulas so I opt for lightweight formulas to prevent it from clogging up. My skin doesn’t like essential oils either and I try to avoid fragrance when I can.
Disclaimer: I am a skincare enthusiast and not a skin expert. I am not qualified to give out dermatological advice. This type of advice should only be given by a medical practitioner. Upon trying / using any of the reviewed products on the blog, please follow the manufacturer’s instructions and warnings and please seek medical advice if needed.