I ordered Korean/Japanese SPFs from both Yesstyle and Stylevana (I find if one website doesn’t have the thing, then the other website will) – I asked those of you on Patreon if you wanted to see a Swatch video, and you said yes!
So here is the video! I discuss each SPF, their key ingredients, what they’re meant to do (other than protect one from the sun of course) and how they differ!
I show the swatches in both natural and artificial light so you can see if there is a white cast.
The Video! – Review + Swatches + Comparison + Recommendations
I hope you guys enjoy watching the video and find it useful!
I always aim to go for SPF50+ PA++++ products, so I’m happy that I can show you some good picks! I think there will be at least ONE SPF you may like the look of!
Support the Blog / Instagram / Youtube on Patreon! Includes Perks and Benefits such as EXCLUSIVE Content! LINK HERE
NEOGEN Dermalogy – Probiotics Relief Sun Essence SPF50+ PA++++ – 50ml
Stylevana Link: HERE
*UK Website) HERE
- I was pleasantly surprised by this! I thought it would be shiny/greasy looking, but it was quite the opposite! Also I did enjoy the smell (even though I always prefer unscented to scented). I like the multimolecular HAs added in here as well to ensure hydration while wearing!
Canmake – Mermaid Skin Gel UV SPF 50+ PA++++ – 50ml
Yesstyle Link: HERE
Stylevana Link: (US): HERE
UK Website: HERE
The White Version (UK): HERE
- For me, this was probably my least favourite? But I’m not a fan of the Purito SPF, and to me this was quite similar to it in terms of texture. This is because of the sort of silicone-y base that doesn’t seem to disappear? I really want my SPF to feel like I’m not wearing SPF.
KEEP COOL – Soothe Bamboo Sun Essence SPF50+ PA++++ – 50ml
Stylevana Link: HERE
Stylevana Link (UK): HERE
- Probably my favourite out of the lot! Totally lightweight + disappears into the skin. Unscented/unfragranced and cooling when applying. I like how it contains lots of soothing ingredients too 🙂
BE PLAIN – Clean Ocean Moisture Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++ – 50ml
Stylevana Link: HERE
- Probably the ”fattiest” SPF so I’d recommend more to dry skins. However I would still wear this as it’s so lightweight! It just has a bit more of a ‘melted butter’ texture. I don’t think this should dry out the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid Videos:
- In this video, I discuss multimolecular HAs and why I like them!
- I compare and contrast them, and give my recommendations.
- In this video, I will be comparing + contrasting 2 different HA products. One is a simplistic HA serum and the other is ”complex”
- I also discuss the differences between single and multi-molecular HA formulas!
MORE SPF Videos:
K-BEAUTY SPF VIDEO (Review + Swatches):
- In this video, I Review, Swatch + Compare other K-Beauty SPFs (Ignore the Purito!)
- I have reviewed the Missha Aqua Sun Gel (My Fav SPF) and the Etude Double Cut (Review HERE)
Shiseido – Anessa SPFs (Review + Swatches):
- In this video I Swatch + Review 2 SPFs from the Japanese Brand Shiseido (Anessa)
- These have really enhanced, cool technologies!
- I have now reviewed the Sunscreen Skincare Milk (HERE)
Isntree SPFs (Review + Swatches):
- In this video I review + swatch the 3 SPFs from the K-Beauty Brand ISNTREE!
- I have reviewed the Watery Sun Gel HERE
SPFs (Review + Swatches):
- In this video, I compare, contrast and swatch some Western SPFs from Nivea!
- I have reviewed the Moisture Mousse HERE
- I have reviewed the Shine Control HERE
- I have reviewed the Anti-Age & Anti-Pigment HERE
My Skin Type: I am acne prone and have slightly dehydrated combo skin. My skin is usually tight where the cheeks and eye area is and the outer parts of my face. My T zone is oily. My skin isn’t a fan of thick/heavy formulas so I opt for lightweight formulas to prevent it from clogging up. My skin doesn’t like essential oils either and I try to avoid fragrance when I can.
Disclaimer: I am a skincare enthusiast and not a skin expert. I am not qualified to give out dermatological advice. This type of advice should only be given by a medical practitioner. Upon trying / using any of the reviewed products on the blog, please follow the manufacturer’s instructions and warnings and please seek medical advice if needed.
Note: I earn a small commission when you purchase through affiliate links, which helps me purchase products for review + also help improve the Blog! If you would like to support me, thank you ever so much! and if not, that’s fine – I hope you enjoy my posts! 🙂
Follow me on Instagram! @myskincareregime
2 thoughts on “[Video] K/J-Beauty SPFs! Review + Swatches! Be Plain / KEEP COOL / Canmake / NEOGEN”
Hi, I like to know which sunscreens are your favourite top 5 sunscreens and among them which is the easiest to wash off. I have problem washing my sunscreen as my skin is too sensitive to makeup remover. Would like to know which suncreen can wash off with mild cleanser. Thanks.
Hi I don’t think it’s the SPF that is the problem to wash off – it usually means you require a better cleanser – I suggest oil cleansers as they are gentle, non-stripping but are able to dissolve SPFs very well! I like the DHC Cleansing Oil very much, the Typology 9-ingredient Cleansing oil and the Neogen Micellar Cleansing Oil too! Cleansing Balms are also good. My favourites are the Juno Skin Clean 10 Cleansing Balm or the Wishful Skin Clean Genie Cleansing Balm! Hope that helps 🙂