I ordered Korean/Japanese SPFs from both Yesstyle and Stylevana (I find if one website doesn’t have the thing, then the other website will) – I asked those of you on Patreon if you wanted to see a Swatch video, and you said yes!
So here is the video! I discuss each SPF, their key ingredients, what they’re meant to do (other than protect one from the sun of course) and how they differ!
I show the swatches in both natural and artificial light so you can see if there is a white cast.
The Video! – Review + Swatches + Comparison + Recommendations
I hope you guys enjoy watching the video and find it useful!
I always aim to go for SPF50+ PA++++ products, so I’m happy that I can show you some good picks! I think there will be at least ONE SPF you may like the look of!
NEOGEN Dermalogy – Probiotics Relief Sun Essence SPF50+ PA++++ – 50ml
Stylevana Link: HERE
*UK Website) HERE
- I was pleasantly surprised by this! I thought it would be shiny/greasy looking, but it was quite the opposite! Also I did enjoy the smell (even though I always prefer unscented to scented). I like the multimolecular HAs added in here as well to ensure hydration while wearing!
Canmake – Mermaid Skin Gel UV SPF 50+ PA++++ – 50ml
Yesstyle Link: HERE
Stylevana Link: (US): HERE
UK Website: HERE
The White Version (UK): HERE
- For me, this was probably my least favourite? But I’m not a fan of the Purito SPF, and to me this was quite similar to it in terms of texture. This is because of the sort of silicone-y base that doesn’t seem to disappear? I really want my SPF to feel like I’m not wearing SPF.
KEEP COOL – Soothe Bamboo Sun Essence SPF50+ PA++++ – 50ml
Stylevana Link: HERE
Stylevana Link (UK): HERE
- Probably my favourite out of the lot! Totally lightweight + disappears into the skin. Unscented/unfragranced and cooling when applying. I like how it contains lots of soothing ingredients too 🙂
BE PLAIN – Clean Ocean Moisture Sunscreen SPF50+ PA++++ – 50ml
Stylevana Link: HERE
- Probably the ”fattiest” SPF so I’d recommend more to dry skins. However I would still wear this as it’s so lightweight! It just has a bit more of a ‘melted butter’ texture. I don’t think this should dry out the skin.
Hyaluronic Acid Videos:
- In this video, I discuss multimolecular HAs and why I like them!
- I compare and contrast them, and give my recommendations.
- In this video, I will be comparing + contrasting 2 different HA products. One is a simplistic HA serum and the other is ”complex”
- I also discuss the differences between single and multi-molecular HA formulas!
MORE SPF Videos:
K-BEAUTY SPF VIDEO (Review + Swatches):
- In this video, I Review, Swatch + Compare other K-Beauty SPFs (Ignore the Purito!)
- I have reviewed the Missha Aqua Sun Gel (My Fav SPF) and the Etude Double Cut (Review HERE)
Shiseido – Anessa SPFs (Review + Swatches):
- In this video I Swatch + Review 2 SPFs from the Japanese Brand Shiseido (Anessa)
- These have really enhanced, cool technologies!
- I have now reviewed the Sunscreen Skincare Milk (HERE)
Isntree SPFs (Review + Swatches):
- In this video I review + swatch the 3 SPFs from the K-Beauty Brand ISNTREE!
- I have reviewed the Watery Sun Gel HERE
SPFs (Review + Swatches):
- In this video, I compare, contrast and swatch some Western SPFs from Nivea!
- I have reviewed the Moisture Mousse HERE
- I have reviewed the Shine Control HERE
- I have reviewed the Anti-Age & Anti-Pigment HERE
My Skin Type: I am acne prone and have slightly dehydrated combo skin. My skin is usually tight where the cheeks and eye area is and the outer parts of my face. My T zone is oily. My skin isn’t a fan of thick/heavy formulas so I opt for lightweight formulas to prevent it from clogging up. My skin doesn’t like essential oils either and I try to avoid fragrance when I can.
Disclaimer: I am a skincare enthusiast and not a skin expert. I am not qualified to give out dermatological advice. This type of advice should only be given by a medical practitioner. Upon trying / using any of the reviewed products on the blog, please follow the manufacturer’s instructions and warnings and please seek medical advice if needed.
Note: I earn a small commission when you purchase through affiliate links, which helps me purchase products for review + also help improve the Blog! If you would like to support me, thank you ever so much! and if not, that’s fine – I hope you enjoy my posts! 🙂
Follow me on Instagram! @myskincareregime