Where to purchase: From DE’s Website, HERE
Packaging: Air-tight and easy to use (pump). One full pump should be enough for one’s face. It also takes a lot to finish this product so at least you get a lot of uses.
Who is this good for?:
- Those with congested skin. Those who want a brightened skin tone. A lot of blackheads. Fine Lines. Resurfaces the skin to reveal clearer skin and improved texture and tone (due to the use of AHA/BHA) – the idea is this is a facial in a bottle.
-Gets rid of dead skin cells.
NOT GOOD FOR SENSITIVE SKINS. Most people should only use this once a week.
What does it do:
- Smooths texture while minimizing the look of pores, fine lines and wrinkles.
- Brightening and ‘improves skin elasticity.’
- Reveals an even and softer skin texture.
Directions: Use once weekly. Apply an even layer to clean, dry skin. Leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water and pat dry.
Slight tingling may be experienced – FYI I did initially experience tingling. But after a few uses, the tingling decreases. Those with active acne/open sores will experience tingling.
Recommended to not use this product in conjunction with other acids. So if you’re using this, I would say just using this once a week and no other acids is good enough.
Don’t use this if you’ve experience sun burn, have a rash on your face, etc.
Texture: A Brown Cream. This is sticky / tacky upon application, so tie your hair back before applying!
Fragrance: No added fragrance. It simply smells like the ingredients, so not the best.
– 25% AHA blend (glycolic + (T) tartaric, (L) lactic, (C) citric acids): exfoliates surface dead skin cells + increases cell turnover to reveal brighter even toned skin.
– 2% salicylic acid (BHA): Exfoliates inside pore walls and the skin surface. Unclogs pores and soothes redness.
– Gram / chick pea flour: balances and brightens skin’s appearance while combating dullness.
– Matcha (green tea leaf), milk thistle & apple extracts: Anti-oxidant properties.
– Pumpkin ferment extract: source of fatty acids and antioxidants; carotene, lutein, and carotenoids and contains naturally occurring enzymes helping with gentle exfoliation.
– pomegranate extract: Antioxidants.
– Cactus extract: soothes redness and sensitivity (to help with AHA use)
– Passionfruit seed oil: has antioxidant properties, improves dryness and soothes redness.
– Virgin marula oil: Antioxidants and omega 6 nd 6 to help moisturise the skin.
– Niacinamide: Prevent moisture loss and skin ageing.
– Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer: smaller molecular weight than hyaluronic acid. Deeply penetrates the skin to provide hydration and plump the skin.
As you can see, DE have thought out a lot of the ingredients used to try and create an efficient product, I appreciate that.
Water (Aqua), Glycolic Acid, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Glycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Salicylic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Lactobacillus/Pumpkin Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Punica Granatum Fruit Ferment Extract, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Silybum Marianum Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Juice Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Cicer Arietinum Seed Powder, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium PCA, Allantoin, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Dextrin, Polydextrose, Sorbitan Isostearate, Amylopectin, Niacinamide, Phytosphingosine, Lactic Acid, Propanediol, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Polysorbate 60, Caprylyl Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol
What I like:
- It works (i.e. it does reveal brighter, less clogged skin – like a facial does)
- No added fragrance
- Takes a long time to run out
- It seems like most of the ingredients added have been added with a purpose to enhance the product’s efficacy.
What I don’t like:
- The price
- How strong this product – no other acids can be used by me while using this product.
- Very easy to ruin my acid mantle using this product so I have to be careful (can sensitise my skin)
Conclusion: If I wasn’t on retinol, this would be my sole acid product I would use once a week and I think that would be absolutely enough to resurface my skin and keep it in a good condition. I think the ingredients have been well thought out and selected to create an effective peeling facial. The only issue once again is the price. And a product like this inhibits you from using any other acids, so if you like to pile on the acids then this product might be too much for your acid mantle to handle.
In comparison with the Ordinary’s AHA and BHA peel – I would say that the ordinary’s peel is messier / drippier to use. Also the ingredients added arent as soothing or elegant as this product. BUT both yield similar results.
Overall Rating: 4/5
Would I repurchase?: If the price didn’t pain me, yes.