NOTE! – I will be updating this post once I use this product fully for a longer period of time.
Where from: Beautylish: HERE
How much?: $14 – £10.65
What is it?: A moisturising primer
Description: Smooth, hydrate, and prep your skin for makeup with this lightweight daily moisturizer formulated with a natural silicone alternative. (Don’t like the use of the word ‘natural’).
+ ‘Smooth, hydrate, and prep your skin for makeup with Silicone-Free Priming Moisturiser, this lightweight daily moisturiser helps strengthen, condition, and protect skin from environmental stress—all while creating a smooth, plumped-up canvas for flawless makeup application.’
Good for: People (like myself) who don’t like silicone in primers (makes my foundation slippy). ALSO good for people with oily or dry skins as I think this moisturises well. Also good for people who don’t like THICK CREAMS but have to use some form of cream to hold all their serums together in one occlusive layer.
I must say – I’m not happy that Good molecules is really marketing this with a sort of feeling that it’s a good thing silicones aren’t in this product – and I don’t like that words like ‘clean’ are being thrown around into the mix.
I DO NOT MIND SILICONES. They are absolutely fine in skincare and do not cause irritation!!
+ BUT – my issue with silicone-heavy primers especially IS THAT they do not work well under my makeup or even spf. They always make my serums ball up or don’t sit well (specifically silicone primers. I’m not really talking about serums with silicone).
Support the Blog!
Giving a donation really helps with the maintenance of the blog! any money made will go towards purchasing products for review! Thank you! 🙂
Things to note:
- Never tested on animals
How does it feel?: LIGHT! But there is a slight slip (probably due to the silicone alternative). so not sure if I can use this as a daily moisturiser as I do with the Glossier priming moisturiser (review of the Glossier moisturiser is HERE ). I must say this doesn’t feel suffocating and I could imagine it being good under makeup. I will absolutely try this as a moisturiser once or twice to see if it is ok daily, or if I should stick with it being a primer.
Packaging: Plastic bottle with a pump – very easy to use product and dispenses a good amount with one pump.
Directions: ‘Apply a pea-sized amount to clean skin. Let absorb for a few moments before applying sunscreen or makeup.’ Suitable for daily use.
How I will use it: Due to the slight slip I feel – I don’t know if I can use this as a moisturiser (my glossier priming moisturiser does sink into the skin and doesn’t sit on top like this). NOT SUFFOCATING but that slight slip feel mean I think I’d stick to using this as a primer. I will try using it once or twice as a moisturiser just to see.
How does it wear under makeup?: I asked my sister to wear this under her makeup and asked for her opinion – she said: ‘It’s absolutely fine! Not sticky, not greasy, sat well under my concealer.’ – I’ll update once I try it with makeup.
Key Ingredients: (from website)
- Plant-based, naturally derived alternative to silicone helps smooth skin texture and plump up fine lines with a lightweight, breathable feel – I agree that this doesn’t feel as ‘slippy’ as silicone-full primers. I can definitely see foundation sitting on top of this fine.
- Macadamia seed oil nourishes and promotes skin cell regeneration while shea butter helps soothe and heal skin with antioxidant vitamin E. (Might be an issue for those who don’t like using Shea butter in skincare) – but surprisingly this doesn’t feel heavy!
- Essential fatty acids from olive oil help protect and strengthen the skin’s barrier function while delivering moisture deep within the skin.
Full Ingredients: Water / Aqua / Eau, Propanediol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Cetearyl Alcohol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Cetearyl Olivate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Butylene Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf, Water, Citric Acid
Like the addition of Sodium Hyaluronate!
Fragrance?: NONE! I love this feature.
What I like:
- Fragrance / essential oil-free
- Silicone-free (I like this for a PRIMER) but I don’t care about silicones in skincare (not harmful).
- Great pump packaging (easy to use and not messy).
- Very light texture – should be good under makeup and help it stay on ( I do need to test this more and will be updating this post after further use).
What I don’t like:
- This has a bit of that ‘velvet’ slippy primer feeling (which ironically comes from silicone in primer). but absolutely feels light than a silicone-heavy primer. But this does make me wonder if I would like it as a daily moisturiser.
Overall: Not a bad product at all. I’m super happy that more and more products are emerging that are fragrance free, esssential oil free and alcohol-free. I do hope that this trend continues!!