Where to purchase: From Yesstyle (discount link): HERE
Volume: 50ml (think this is a decent amount – I’ve used this a product a few times WITH layering it and I still haven’t got through it much).
Made in: South Korea
Description: An Oil-like hydrating serum (supposed to hydrate the skin and formulated to suit even oily skins). Jeju Green Tea Water, Rice Extract, Fermented Extracts Peptides to provide antioxidant and moisturising effects.
Supposed to be good all-year round (not just summer or winter) – I agree. This is versatile for both seasons. I think this is great to minimise your routine in the summer and great for layering int he winter.
No sticky feeling throughout the day (agreed).
-‘Prevents moisture loss’ – as long as this is layered with other products I’d say you’d have a firm ‘veil’/layer to prevent moisture loss.
Good for: Require hydration but do not like oily / greasy-feeling products. Sensitive, dehydrated, rough and combo skins. So this product is marketed towards people who want the ‘benefits’ of facial oils without having to actually use a facial oil due to not liking the texture. I MUST SAY – I do not like facial oils at all. And so this is a good product directed towards me. I agree that this is great for people who do not like the feel of oil on their skin.
NOTE: The fundamental line is supposed to aid with anti-ageing and also hydrate the skin (from deep within).
Skin Types: All skin types. From oily to dry, I think everyone would enjoy something like this. It’s so light and breathable but actually feels hydrating and doesn’t simply disappear into the air.
– Anti-oxidant care / Dryness, Redness, Irritation / Anti-ageing / Hydration / Moisturising
Note: I can’t say much to these promises except for the hydration – I find this hydrating and moisturising.
Directions: ‘After cleansing and toning, apply 2-3 drops of the Watery Oil Drop on to the face and massage throughout the entire face down to the neck.’
How I use it: I find myself using this more in the PM Than the AM – I use it straight after toning and after my vitamin C (if I use a vitamin C in the evening). I have even used this just on top of my serums to seal it all off. I think it’s quite versatile as a product. Although I use this mainly in the PM, I think most people would use it both AM and PM.
– Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water (Green Tea)
– Ferment Extracts (skin conditioning)
– Ceramide (moisture)
– Peptides (skin conditioning)
– Rice, Kelp Extracts(skin conditioning / humectant)
– Sodium Hyaluronate (skin conditioning / humectant)
NOTE: I think this was cleverly formulated to make a lot of people happy. For those who like Green tea, it’s in here. For those who like peptides in their serums (myself), I’m happy. For those who want Hyaluronic acid, that’s in here too. So that’s why I think this is a diverse product.
Full Ingredients: Aqua(Water), Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Water, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Bifida Ferment Extract, Betaine, Dipropylene Glycol, Sorbitol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Aspergillus/Rice Ferment Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Arginine, Carbomer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Laminaria Japonica Extract, Ceramide NP, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Copper Tripeptide-1, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8
NOTE: Skincarisma have an ingredient list breakdown HERE
I like that it contains ceramides, fermented ingredients (be careful if you are sensitive to fermented ingredients). Green tea, glycerin and hyaluronic acid. I like how this product is so thin and watery and yet they’ve really packed a punch with all these moisturising/hydrating ingredients!
Texture: I thought this would be greasy and oily like their vitamin C serum – but no! This absolutely feels closer to water. It’s runny, it doesn’t make me feel stuffy, like my skin can’t breath or clammy. Therefore those with oily, dry and dehydrated skin would enjoy this I think! Absorbs fast and well, doesn’t just sit on top of my skin and do nothing. I’m very impressed by how thin and light this is. That’s why I’m not too sure if very dry skins will find this enough, I’m sure they’d either apply 2 layers or apply this under or with a moisturising cream as it contains such moisturising/hydrating ingredients this could pack a punch with a cream too.
Packaging: Glass bottle with a rubber, squeeze-y tip. Very nice with the white writing on the glass bottle. Easy to use and doesn’t spill as it screws tight closed.
Fragrance?: None – a win
Good Under Makeup?: Yes this has seemed fine for me (no balling up).
How long have I been using this?: 3 weeks
The Effect: My skin is left moisturised/hydrated. No drastic changes but I use this with the goal of hydrating my skin for the day.
What I like:
- No fragrance
- Does not pill under makeup
- No irritation
- Does not feel sticky/heavy
- Excellent because I don’t like thick/heavy or gloopy serums and this is not that (very close in texture to the dear klairs midnight blue drops). Good facial oil replacement.
What I don’t like:
- I can’t think of any negatives. This layers well, this has no fragrance, it contains some skin-loving ingredients. I think personally I don’t have issues BUT Dry skins might not find this moisturising enough. Those who are sensitive to some of the ingredients (i.e. fermented ingredients) might find this a problem too. But for me personally as someone who doesn’t like oily-feeling products, want hydration and an easy serum to use, especially as it’s summer now in the UK – this is very good.
- Perhaps I’d say I didn’t notice drastic anti-ageing effects and perhaps how this absorbs so quickly into the skin may not be great for those who like products that sit more on top of the skin?
- I always prefer a pump to a dropper product.
- Didn’t really notice any anti-ageing benefits (unless it’s talking about the antioxidant protection provided but that is more long-term results – that I am still grateful for).
Rating and Conclusion: 4.5/5 – A great substitute for a facial oil. I can’t find too many issues with this. I just took 0.4 for preferring a product in a pump and also that this may not benefit those who don’t like fermented ingredients or have extremely dry skin. I do
Would I re-purchase?: FYI this was given in exchange for a review but you guys know I give my honest opinion – Yes I would purchase this. If I want something that provides benefits like an oil does but without using an oil – this is the exact product I would use and recommend. For those who feel like they break out from oils and get congested pores, I think they would enjoy this. I like that it can be used in the summer too without feeling sticky and heavy.
ALSO: I would say that this is better than their Fundamental Ampule mist as you waste less product when applying this compared to the mist.
7 thoughts on “Review: Dear Klairs Fundemental Watery Oil Drop”
Great review! I have liked every single Klairs product I’ve tried so far. And now I really want to try this line.
Ledia | Kbeauty Notes