Can be purchased on Yesstyle: HERE
You can use my discount code to get 10% off your purchase: CVQFZA
Made in: South Korea
What does it do: It’s supposed to de-puff (using the massage ball) and form an occlusive/hydrating layer to keep your skin hydrated over-night.
Packaging: Glass bottle.
Good for: All skin types – Dull, dry and puffy eyes
Can use in the morning – using the ceramic ball massage to reduce puffy eyes or in the evening as a mask.
There are also directions with diagrams on how to massage correctly using the massage ball – thanks Laneige!
How I use it:
After cleansing, I apply this on and roll with the massage ball under the eyes (to de-puff) in the morning and then pat in with my ring-finger in the evening. I always apply an eye cream on top because the skin around my eyes is dehydrated.
A serum consistency. Not like a cream. It is light enough to be absorbed into the skin.
Good under makeup?:
Yes. This was fine for me.
Key Ingredients: Caffeine (to de-puff the eyes / reduce dark circles). Glycerin (hydration), Beta-glucan – also hydration. Vitamin C, Adenosine (brightening).
Full Ingredients list: WATER,BUTYLENE GLYCOL,GLYCERIN,DIMETHICONE,1,2-HEXANEDIOL,HESPERIDIN,CAF FEINE,BETA-GLUCAN,SACCHAROMYCES CEREVISIAE EXTRACT,CHENOPODIUM QUINOA SE ED EXTRACT,MAGNESIUM SULFATE,CALCIUM CHLORIDE,MANGANESE SULFATE,ZINC SUL FATE,ASCORBYL GLUCOSIDE,ADENOSINE,TRIETHYLHEXANOIN,ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKY L ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER,AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/BEHENETH-25 MET HACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER,GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE,PROPANEDIOL,ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ,POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE,PEG-14M,DISODIUM EDTA,FRAGRANCE
Fragrance: Yes. If you have used the original sleeping mask, then it smells like that. A light scent – not overpowering. Of course, I wish it didn’t have it.
- Hydrating and moisturising
- Fine under makeup
- Easy to massage and sink into the skin
- De-puffs (with the use of the massage ball which is excellent)
- Feels really nice on the skin i.e. cooling
- Although I just said this was hydrating and moisturising, for someone like me who has dehydrated skin around the eyes then this mask is not enough to moisturise as I apply an eye cream on top (makes me question the need for this product).
- Has fragrance
- Hard to see how much you have left (due to opaque packaging and no dropper included due to the massage ball being your applicator.
- Massage ball is quite large – for those with smaller eyes/hooded eyes it might be hard to use/manoeuvre around the eyes.
- Could seem unhygienic with dipping the stick in and out of the bottle and rubbing your skin with it (of course preservatives/parabens should prevent this but…)
Conclusion: Overall this is a really nifty product. I like the massage ball, it’s a cool idea. I don’t use it all the time due to laziness so that’s when it gets in the way. I do require an eye cream over this, so I don’t know how effective or necessary it is regarding the price of this product if I feel like I need another product on top. That being said it does hydrate and cool my skin.
Would I repurchase: Yes I would! I like the massage ball and de-puffing effect a lot. I also like the consistency of this (I feel like it refreshes my eyes).
One thought on “Review: Laneige Eye Sleeping Mask_EX”