Can be purchased on Be Plain’s US Website: HERE
What is this?:
Ampoule that contains >84% Centella Asiatica (Cica) extract for skin recovery.
FYI the water in this product has been substituted with Cica extract.
- For redness
- Skin irritation
Who’s it for?:
- Those with angry/irritated/acneic skin
- Those with dry/dehydrated skin
- Those in hot/humid environments as well as dry environments.
- Good for all Skin types
Boy is this light! The Dr Jart Cicapair serum has the closest consistency to this ampoule (that I’ve used). It’s so light/feathery and watery that it soaks and sinks right into the skin.
Smell?: No scent – yay!
How I use this:
- After toner.
This is so thin and watery it sinks right in quite quickly so I can move on to the next serum / cream.
- Apply morning and evening.
Centella Asiatica Extract / Glycerin / Methyl Gluceth-20 / Polyglycerin-3 / Pentylene Glycol / Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract / Sodium Hyaluronate / Saccharomyces Ferment Filtrate / Rice Ferment / Acrylates / Crosspolymer / Tromethamine / Xanthan Gum / 1,2-Hexanediol
- So overall – you can see the ingredients reflect the calming / hydrating and soothing nature of the product.
- Light Texture – DOES NOT SUFFOCATE THE SKIN.
- Excellent for most skin types i.e. sensitive
- No irritation
- Great under makeup (doesn’t ball up).
- Glass packaging makes it ‘chique’ looking and sturdy. The pipe doesn’t ‘feel’ cheap either.
- Would not sufficiently hydrate very dry skin (would require 3 layers of this to feel sufficient so may be a waste of money
- Quite pricey for 30ml.
This has been really important for hydrating my skin. My skin feels plumper. I don’t know if it has calmed and soothed my skin but that is because these days my skin hasn’t been so red. I can tell that this has not irritated my skin!
I’ve been so glad that this doesn’t ball up under other layers of skincare. I have been able to layer up this product without issues. Really enjoy using it, I will continue to use and layer up and hydrate. My oily, acne-prone skin appreciates this. I don’t think severely dry skins will. And the price tag is a little off-putting for most HOWEVER the juice itself has been great to use.
Score: 4/5 (was torn to give this a 3 because of the volume:price ratio)
One thought on “Review: Be Plain Cicaful Ampoule”