I wanted to show you an example of my skincare routine (Oily-Combo) which includes K-Beauty, J-Beauty and Western Skincare products!
With my routine, I aim to regulate sebum production while reducing redness.
In the video, I discuss the ingredients, what the products do, why I use them and also give other product recommendations and dupes depending on texture!
Links to product reviews will be down below and other related videos!
I hope you enjoy the watch 🙂
Consider Subscribing to the Channel!
Stratia Velvet Cleansing Milk:
- A lush cleansing cream that is non-foaming. I enjoy cleansers aimed at dry skins as I find they strip the skin the least, and I want to keep as much hydration in the skin as possible while removing excess oil.
The Ordinary Salicylic Acid Masque: LINK
- Now this is a cream-like masque that when applied, doesn’t really dry down (it stays pretty wet). I will say if one’s skin is already irritated/damaged or very dehydrated, then this isn’t a comfortable mask and I don’t recommend it.
- I find that this is good at keeping pores in check, but I definitely wouldn’t use this daily as it will end up drying out the skin.
- Enjoyed this lotion a lot, I thought it was lightweight and effective at hydrating the skin without being difficult to layer.
Geek and Gorgeous aPAD Serum: LINK
- An Azelaic Acid Derivative meant to mimic Azelaic acid, except that it can be stored in a water base. I prefer water-based serums so this product has been very nice for me.
Hylamide Eye Serum: LINK
- A Hydrating + Gently exfoliating eye product which works to target signs of ageing around the eye as well as puffiness + dark circles.
- I’ve found this a moisturising product and it’s been pleasant to use + also layers well under and on top of products.
Good Molecules Yerba Mate Wake Up Eye Gel: LINK
- Really enjoy this eye gel. It feels like a cool, refreshing product and does really wake up the eyes.
Curel intensive Moisture Cream: LINK
- A really lovely, lightweight cream (not a heavy, shea-butter based formula). This is more intensive than the Curel Milk.
- I said this is quite similar in textrue to the Krave Oat so Simple Water Cream.
Glossier Lip Salve (My Review): LINK
- A Perfectly adequate lip paste.
- Not my favourite lip product. I’m currently trialing the Avene Cica Lip cream and have
Niod Flavanone Mud Mask:
- As mentioned in the video, this was a Mask made by Deciem which I did not like.
Hada Labo Premium Lotion (New Version): LINK
- I will be purchasing and reviewing this product for you all as I enjoyed the previous version (My Review is HERE). I hope the improved version will have a smoother texture and will improve on layerability.
- I didn’t see much of a difference with this however I am willing to try it again. I would also like to try the Alpha Arbutin Lotion.
Hada Labo Lotion (Light): LINK
- Lighter than the regular lotion which is already light. Intended for oily skins or those in hot/humid weathers.
- I really enjoy this sleeping mask. I want to try more flavours (i.e. Vanilla) but there are even more flavours coming in: Chocolate, Caramel and Grape.
Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask Video (You can see the texture here).
Avene Lip Cream: LINK
- I’ve genuinely been enjoying this product and I’ll do a review on it once I’ve tried it some more, with swatch pictures.
Lanolips Lip Ointment: REVIEW
- This honestly helped me through the irritated patch of skin I had on my hand, and nothing else I used would get rid of it or calm it down. So this product has a special place in my heart.
Keep Cool Brand Swatches:
- I liked all 3 of these products. I’m currently writing my in-depth review of the lotion (me likey!). The Serum I’ve even been applying to the end of my hair for some hydration and have been enjoying it. The toner genuinely has a soothing/calming effect.
Good Molecules VS Niod Hyaluronic Acid serums:
- In this video I discuss the differences between single-form hyaluronic acid products vs multi-molecular hyaluronic acid products.
K-Beauty Toner Swatches + Review:
- I mention the Hyaluronic Acid Toner Plus from Isntree in terms of texture vs the Hada Labo Gokyujun Lotion.
Hyaluronic Acid Video:
- Discussing the different forms of Hyaluronic Acid and which one I prefer as well as what would suit different skin’s needs.
My Skin Type: I am acne prone and have slightly dehydrated combo skin. My skin is usually tight where the cheeks and eye area is and the outer parts of my face. My T zone is oily. My skin isn’t a fan of thick/heavy formulas so I opt for lightweight formulas to prevent it from clogging up. My skin doesn’t like essential oils either and I try to avoid fragrance when I can.
Disclaimer: I am a skincare enthusiast and not a skin expert. I am not qualified to give out dermatological advice. This type of advice should only be given by a medical practitioner. Upon trying / using any of the reviewed products on the blog, please follow the manufacturer’s instructions and warnings and please seek medical advice if needed.
Note: I earn a small commission when you purchase through affiliate links, which helps me purchase products for review + also help improve the Blog! If you would like to support me, thank you ever so much! and if not, that’s fine – I hope you enjoy my posts!